Friday, May 20, 2011

Bits & Pieces

It is freaking winter.
Do not think I am nuts. It is freaking cold here. Winter is at its peak. In my defense, I am in Australia. 
Today morning Andrew asked me what I was smiling about? I replied to him that I wasn't smiling. That was the expression from last night which had frozen in the freaking cold.

1 week to go.
I am going back to India for a month on holidays. I couldn't have picked up worse time. I have heard it is pretty hot in India. All the time I spent hiding from the Sun to become fair, will be tanned back to original in a week.
Still, I am looking forward to the trip for two reasons. One, my elder brother is getting married, and second, I will get to eat lots of mangoes. I missed mangoes in Australia. You do not get variety and quality over here.

सौ चूहे खा कर बिल्ली चली हज को.
कभी "अपने पाँव पर कुल्हाड़ी मरना" मुहावरे का इससे बढ़िया प्रयोग मैंने नहीं देखा. जोश में आकर मैंने BARC का form दो महीने पहले भर दिया. मैंने तो बस यूँ ही application डाल दी थी. तब से बस घर वाले पीछे ही पड़ गए की तैयारी कैसी चल रही है. Exam अगले Sunday है. पिछले चार दिन से पढाई शुरू की है. ४ साल का course अगले ४ दिनों में निबटाना है. कहते हैं ना कि पिछले जनम का पाप २ दिन में थोड़े ही धुलता है. ऐसे धुलाई जरी है. बस आपके सहयोग की आवश्यकता है. जम कर शुभाशीष दीजिये. पास कर गया तो एक-एक के घर मिठाई भेजूँगा, वर्ना आशीष आपने मन से नहीं दिया या फिर आपके आशीष में दम नहीं है, मान कर संतोष कर लूँगा.

See you all in India in a week time.